We understand the uncertainty of today’s environment and the natural concerns of our partners and we are committed to be next to you every step of the way.
The global travel environment has changed radically, making high expertise and personal care an essential necessity to ensure the safety and wellbeing of business travelers. Now more than ever, you need a strategic travel partner that will stand by you, providing valuable guidance to you and your people.
With our long standing experience to meet the most demanding needs of business travelers and our expertise to effectively manage travel during crisis periods, we continue to support our clients and help them feel empowered to travel again!
We have developed a unique Duty of Care strategy toolbox, with tested operational methodology, expert solutions and 24/7 personalized support that effectively minimizes risk and maximizes care and safety for your travelers.
Are you ready to travel again?
We are ready to help you travel with utmost care and safety!
Discover your next day travel management with Marine Tours! A stress- free methodology in 4 steps that saves you money & time, providing maximum safety for your travelers.
1. 360ο Travel Preparation
It is absolutely essential to be thoroughly briefed and prepared for your next trip. Marine Tours’ travel experts are at your disposal to support you in your travel preparation details and also empower your travelers with destination based consultation and guidelines for any travel destination.
2. Advanced Duty of Care Services
With our unmatched Duty of Care expertise, right methodology and tools, strength of global network and dedicated personalized support, we are next to your travelers every step of the way, ensuring that they travel the best and safest way, anywhere in the world.Learn more >
3. Adding Safety to Traveler Engagement
Now it’s more important than ever to keep your travelers engaged, boosting their morale and productivity. In Marine Tours we always put travelers’ wellbeing first and stay loyal to that philosophy under any situation.
Utilizing our expertise and the right technology, we offer high-quality to no-risk options to keep your travelers engaged and empowered again, even during this unprecedented situation.Learn more >
4. Achieve Next Day Cost Optimization
The demand for high quality, safe travel, combined with a declined availability in Air itineraries, will drive prices higher in the post pandemic world.
That’s why you need a travel expert. Leveraging our negotiating power with suppliers, the strength of our international network and our suite of proprietary technology tools, we ensure that you get the most competitive air fares and hotel rates without compromising the wellbeing of your “travelers”.
24/7 Personalized Services
Caring is an integral part of Marine Tours’ DNA. Above all, your people are our people, thus we stand next to them with dedicated 24/7 support, in any part of the world, in any time zone.
Marine Tours’ Τravel Consultants remain available 24/7/365 – by phone or email – and ready to respond to your needs.
Working Hours: 9am-6pm Mon-Fri
T: +30 210 3712200
In this ever changing environment, it is very important for us to help organizations feel confident again. Thus, we strongly believe that in depth knowledge and accurate information can contribute valuably to this objective.
In this context and in order to keep you informed, we are closely monitoring the latest updates, communicate systematically with the official authorities and share with you all the “must know” information through this Hub.
We recommend you to visit this page frequently as authorities and suppliers are changing their policies regularly.
Stay Safe and Healthy!
Travel Restrictions and Policies
The COVID-19 pandemic has prompted all destinations worldwide to introduce restrictions on travel. A list of international border closures and travel restrictions can be found at the links below, as well as further reports and analysis.
Read more about updates on travel restrictions here, as reported by IATA Travel Centre.
Access essential information allowing a safe relaunch of free movement and tourism across Europe via Re-open EU – the new web platform launched by the European Commission to help travellers and tourists.
The University of Oxford has developed a Stringency Index to track the unparalleled global policy response to the pandemic. This is based on several response indicators including school closures, workplace closures, and travel bans, rescaled to a value from 0 to 100 (100 = strictest). View the resulting Stringency Index data by country over time, or see the heat map.
Instructions for Travellers
Get advice about travelling abroad, including the latest information on coronavirus, safety and security, entry requirements, and travel warnings.
International Travel and Health Manual, World Health Organization (WHO). It covers cabin air pressure, flight phobia, communicable diseases, and a list of precautions to take while travelling.
Health Tips for Airline Travel, Aerospace Medical Association (AsMA)
Travel to and from EU, European Commission
April 19, 2021 - CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY OF GREECE - LATEST NOTAM:
Greece ‘s Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) announced that it lifts the 7-day quarantine for arrivals from European Union member states, countries of the Schengen Agreement, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand, Rwanda, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Russia, United States of America and Israel. The lifting of quarantine is, however, bound to two preconditions: A) to have a vaccination certificate issued by the competent authority of their country in English or Β) a negative molecular Covid-19 PCR test carried out 72 hours before arrival. Source: CAA.
Air Travel Alternatives
Despite air services being reduced in many locations, flights through major city airports are available. To arrange your travel, please refer directly to one of our Travel Consultants.
Hints & Tips
If no direct flights are available from your location, you might need to:
- travel to another airport for your return (larger airports in major cities are more likely to have operating flights).
- connect to your final destination through another country (this may require bookings with more than one airline).
If no commercial flights are available from your location, you might need to:
- contact your Embassy in the country you are in to register for repatriation support. Some Governments are arranging special rescue flights for their nationals.
- travel to another country (via a land border crossing) for onward return travel.
- check if you require a visa for that country and explore the onward travel options and restrictions active in that country.
At any case, our Travel Consultants are here to assist you, support you and provide to you the best solution possible.
Flight Cancellations and Refunds
Given the current situation, travel plans may need to change, thus a big topic of late has been airline ticket refunds. Most airlines have their own policy regarding refunds and flight re-bookings, subject to local rules and regulations.
If you have made a reservation and want to know whether you cancel or change your flight, we ask that you please refer to one of our Travel Consultants at Marine Tours.
Hospitality Industry and Related Services
Restrictions and prohibitions have been placed on travel to many locations, as well as staying in hotels or other forms of accommodation and related services.
But your safety comes first!
We understand the need to change your travel plans, and we are here to provide you with answers during these uncertain times. So, whether you choose to stay home or to check in, feel free to contact our Travel Consultants.
Seafarers and Shipping
Amassing 40 years of experience in the marine sector, Marine Tours is today the strategic partner of the global shipping community regarding crew travel management.
In the new era of marine & offshore travel, safety is at the forefront of our strategy and protecting seafarers -and keeping trade by sea flowing- has inevitably become the after-effect of our day to day business activities.
In this respect, monitoring and sharing information about the challenges and barriers affecting the shipping sector is critical to us.
- The International Maritime Organization (IMO) has established a website dedicated to COVID-19 with advice and guidance for IMO Member States, seafarers and shipping. This can be found here.
- Furthermore, the International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) is supporting its members and the wider shipping community with recommendations and information, plus a growing number of guidance documents and useful links. Discover more here.
- With the COVID-19 outbreak, ports are imposing various restrictions on vessels and crew. Click on each port or country here in the map to view port restrictions.
- You can find here useful FAQs regarding the operation of ports on a global scale, as shared by the World Ports Sustainability Program.
- Supporting crew mobility is vital, especially during this turbulent period. Visit the BIMCO's website here for information regarding ship/shore interface restrictions regimes.
- For a comprehensive guide that outlines challenges and changes for crew changes in ports click here.
- To keep track of all the documentation requirements regarding crew changes click here.
- For crew testing, click on each port or country in the map here to view COVID-19 test facilities and availability.
- For the enforced crew change protocols click here.
Crew Changes during COVID-19
United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) resolution on seafarers encouraging governments to immediately implement measures to allow crew change, and to ensure access to medical care for all maritime personnel, adopted on 1 December 2020: Check the official announcement here.
- Wear a face mask.
- Keep distance from others.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with with soap and water or hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Practise good respiratory hygiene.
- Clean your hands after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Make sure you are up to date with your routine vaccinations, including measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine and the seasonal flu vaccine.